Job descriptionAs Senior Area Sales Manager you are responsible for reaching the commercial targets agreed for the particular area. You work with and support local Further Processing, Poultry and Meat Account Managers, agents, Product Sales Specialists, Engineers and back office in determining the real customer need and developing and selling Further Processing solutions. Besides that you are commercially responsible for some dedicated Further Processing customers. You will report into the Sales Director for Further Processing. Your main responsibilities are:
- Marel Further Processing Area Sales Manager, with a focus on the specific region, battle for business in a very competitive market and use the knowledge and strength of the Sales Support Specialists and Sales Engineers when necessary
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a structural market plan, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with agents, customers and associates
- Follow the sales process by taking responsibility for projects from initial concept to hand-over to service.
- Provide market input to Sales, Service, Innovation teams, through visit reports and monthly market reports
- Ensuring the in depth knowledge application as well as quality of the solutions offered in Convenience, Sausage, Fresh and Preparation
- Integrate into the regional teams with an overview perspective of the business challenges and build up the Further Processing knowledge in the regional teams
- Bachelor or Master degree
- A minimum of 7-8 years of relevant work experience in a commercial position preferably in the food (processing) industry or capital goods
- Track record of measurable achievements and experience in the specific region
- As a person, you are emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
- Speak, write and understand English and at least one other language
- Preferably a technical (Mechanical Engineering) background or affinity
- Last but not least, you are international oriented and you are willing to travel circa 50% of your time
Interest in other areas (Southern Europe, Eastern Europe & Russia, Asia)? Or are you an (upcoming) talent with less experience? Then also we are interested in you!
- Marel is the leading global provider of advanced food processing systems and services!
- Plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally)
- Informal atmosphere
- Opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative
- You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization
- Salary is competitive and will depend on knowledge and experience
- At Marel the challenges are there for taking!
For more information please contact Rinze Stienstra or Bas Roosenboom(026 - 351 00 20 / 06 - 515 628 05 or 06 – 526 884 93 (also outside office hours).
Marel Further Processing B.V.
Marel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the fish, meat and poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing food processing. That’s at the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion.
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced equipment, systems and services to the fish, meat and poultry industries. Our brand is among the most respected in the industry. We offer the convenience of a single source to meet our customers’ every need. With offices and subsidiaries in over 30 countries and a global network of more than 100 agents and distributors, we work side-by-side with our customers to extend the boundaries of food processing performance.
Some 4600 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
You will work for Marel Further Processing (FP), Marel FP concentrates on equipment for the further processing of white meat, red meat, fish, potatoes, vegetables as well as meat substitutes.